Monday, July 7, 2008

Full Disclosure and Words

Under intense pressure from no one, I am forced to admit that I did have to use Dictionary.com to verify that I used the word ebullient correctly before I added it to the permanence of the internet. Now I know how Dan Rather feels.

While on the subject of words, my brother thinks that the word "underpants" is 30% funnier than underwear. I'm inclined to agree, but I'm wondering how the general public feels about this.

Finally, most people link to articles or websites that are interesting or funny. Right now, I would like to buck this trend and link to the least funny website that tries to be funny ever. My blog is a close second place, but reading through this website reminds me of Laffy Taffy jokes: "What does a car run on? -- wheels" I mean seriously, what the hell is that? It seems more factual than anything else.

"where do pigs park their cars? -- in a porking lot" That is not appropriate for Laffy Taffy.

2 comments:

Daniel J. said...

Absolutely ridiculous of that ludicrous website to even think that any one of the ideas on there was funny. Oh yea and underpants is at least 30% funnier than underwear because of the underpants gnomes from South Park. However, I would really enjoy hearing the theory behind that.

Ken said...

Thanks for leaving a comment! Man that makes me all kinds of giddy. What really makes me sad is that terrible excuse for a website probably has millions of readers who think that "King of Queens" is the best sitcom around, hands down. I'll have to get my brother to send up some longer thoughts about underpants. I'm trying to recruit him to my crack blogging team of me+0. Good South Park catch. Underpants + ? = Profit