Sunday, July 27, 2008

End of an A.S.I.I.D. Trip


Other clever pun titles I was considering for this included:

"Carbonic A.S.I.I.D. is composed of 2 Hydrogen Atoms, 3 Oxygen Atoms, and 1 Carbon Atom"
"I'm going to throw this A.S.I.I.D. in your face"
"A.S.I.I.D. Danced and Then Lost and Now I'm Sad"

I figure that since over 1.5 weeks have passed and no one cares that I am not spoiling any competition show results for anyone. My hometown dance heroes, the group formerly (and probably still) known as A.S.I.I.D. lost Randy Jackson Presents: America's Best Dance Crew to a break dance group called Super Crew on July 17th. Sometimes I think to myself, "If only more people than my mom and dad read this blog maybe I could have made a difference." Let us all take a moment to mourn for the loss and remember the good times, perhaps in the form of a dance montage. It makes me feel like the episode of Saved By the Bell called "Breaking Up is Hard to Undo" when Zack and Kelly, as well as Slater and Jessie break up in the same episode!!! That was hard to take. See, Zack made an ultimatum that Kelly couldn't go out with an ex-boyfriend and Slater and Jessie had a fight over whether they were attending the ballet or a football game. No one was willing to compromise and in the end, the hearts of 10 to 14 year-olds everywhere were broken. What was I originally talking about? Oh yeah -

Never before have I actually given the slightest care with respect to who or what was eliminated from a reality show, but this one actually hit me pretty hard. I love the show (I still recommend everyone watch it - Thursday nights, 10pm), and I really loved the group, only partly because of their Michigan ties. They danced their hearts out and served as energetic, positive ambassadors for their home state.

Thank you A.S.I.I.D. - you done us proud.

No comments: