Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Real Muppet Reviews Pretend Muppets

I hope anyone who has returned here on a semi-regular basis is well aware of the fact that I am quite the fan of the entertainment medium known as television. During the holidays, I particularly enjoy television that is relevant to that holiday. What can I say - I'm a sucker for seasonal programming. Tonight at 8pm on NBC, there is a new holiday Muppets special called "A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa". The Muppets are the greatest. If you're planning on going to DisneyWorld any time soon, you have to make sure to go see Muppets 3D. I could watch Muppets 3D every day and not get bored of it.

It goes without saying, then, that I recommend you check out the Muppets holiday special tonight. The real reason I'm writing is because I insist that you read this review of the television program. It is the greatest review of all time not because of anything the guy says, but because I'm pretty sure the reviewer is a Muppet, comes directly from Jim Henson's brilliant mind, and he managed to break away from the Muppet commune. Like Homer Simpson on an old Halloween special, he walked through a vortex and was transformed into a mostly-human creature in our real world. They should make a Muppets Meet the Simpsons holiday special for next year.

(Update: I'm told that I'm not as obvious as I think I am. To be clear, my personal opinion is that I think the reviewer looks like a Muppet that magically transformed himself into a human being. This may not be "clever" humor, but I will always think farts are 'A' material)

No comments: