Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Arianna Huffington, My Guide

Arianna Huffington was on The Daily Show recently to advertise a book written by the editors of The Huffington Post about how to be a successful blogger. Rule #1, according to Huffington, is to write about a subject in which you have passion. Rule #2, I've decided, is to already be famous before starting your blog and having massive media access to advertise your blog before it has even launched much like Arianna had. It is a simple rule, really. Similarly, there is a young boy in the news quite a bit recently who wrote a book on how to pick up women. I don't know if he has a rule system, but similar to Rule #2 from above, it is of massive assistance to be tall, handsome, and wealthy. I'm not saying this is a guarantee for success, but it does not hurt.

As you may have noticed from my last post, I have followed Rule #1 to a T. If you are offended by the phrase "stupid face", then remember that I am following Arianna's first rule - though I have not yet found the success I seek. You should also work on not being such a wuss because there are infinitely worse things you will hear over the course of your life.

Passion!

No comments: