Thursday, August 7, 2008

Theme Merchandising

In the past two days, on four different occasions, at least one person has been directed to this website because he or she did a Google search for the exact phrase "why i want to punch my neighbor in the face". For any of my much-appreciated regular readers, this search could be affiliated with my burgeoning face punching series, found here and here. Alternatively and more humorously, this search could just be from one very angry person who is not a fan of his neighbors. If that is the case, I recommend any number of activities shy of actually hitting your neighbor. Perhaps try more passive-aggressive approaches like playing your music too loudly, taking up the available parking space in front of their house, or writing clever messages in chalk on their sidewalk.

While it is not in the theme of my general attempts toward optimism, there could be a real opportunity here for some merchandising. I have visions of people across the world wearing t-shirts with slogans like "Your Face/My Fist", "Michigan is for Lovers (of Face Punching)", and "Eat 5 Servings of Fruits and Vegetables a Day".

If someone would like to mock something up for me, I would be excited to throw it up on the internet. I don't realistically expect anything from anyone, but I would be forever in your debt. You can email me at: WeAreOfMichigan@gmail.com

We can change the world one t-shirt at a time.

No comments: