Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Power of Mustache

I mostly try to to dedicate my time and effort to the state of Michigan and the fine people who live here. There are some other times, though, in which I just want to mention something that I found funny or worthwhile. This is one of those times.

Today, someone was directed to my website because I mentioned "mustaches" and the word "percentage" in my last post, and this person did a search for, no fooling, "states with highest 'percentage of mustaches.'" This is just one of the infinite number of things that highlights the awesome power of the internet and the human mind.

Why do you suppose this person is trying to identify the state with the highest percentage of mustaches? Do you think he or she loves or hates mustaches and wants to live in or avoid the state with the highest percentage of mustaches? Perhaps it is a woman who does not enjoy dating mustachioed men or a man such as myself who has trouble growing a worthwhile mustache and would not feel comfortable in a state with a high percentage of mustaches. Maybe it is an evil villain who plans on growing a mustache as a disguise and does not want to look out of place. It boggles the mind to try to identify the actual reasoning behind this web search, but without the internet, this person would probably never know the very important answer.

I guess you could make the argument that Michigan is inextricably linked to mustaches because of Tom Selleck in Magnum, P.I. and the fact that he always wore a Detroit Tigers hat. Relevance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

am i missing it, or do you not tell us which state actually did have the highest percentage of mustaches?

maybe you chose not to include it since this is majorly a michigan-only type blog, but now you have us hooked and its just not fair to be a tease.