Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Me Am Like

Tonight after post-softball dinner as my jovial group made our way out of the door, my friend Carolyn mentioned to me that she is reading a book. In this book there is an 8-year-old boy, and this eight year old boy is a bit of a character because he will talk to anyone about anything for any length of time. She went on to say that this little boy reminder her of me, and when he's present in the story, I'm present in the back of her mind.

While I can't say conclusively whether or not being compared to an 8-year-old boy is is a compliment or mild insult, this is a character trait I have worked hard and long to master. Sometimes this gets me into trouble or can offend the mild sensibilities of some others, but my hope is that more often than not it results in some interesting writing and occasional conversations when you have the great fortune to lasso me into your room.

The name of the book - "The Greatest Character Ever in a Book, based on Ken"

2 comments:

Dan A. said...

Ken, when I am on weareofmichigan.blogspot.com, you are in the back of my mind.

Daniel J. said...

"8 year-olds, Dude." I hope you catch this reference.