Saturday, November 22, 2008

Yet Another Reason Not to Like O.A.R.

As I watch Michigan somehow try to symbolically "save" their unwatchable (but I watched anyway) difficult collegiate football season, the football commentators told me that all the members of the band O.A.R. attended "the" Ohio State University.  I don't have the time to check my sources or verify the information because I'm a very busy cupcake-eating person, but I don't have any reason to doubt Bob Griese.

I know many ladies and emotional men who are big fans of O.A.R., but if you are looking for another reason to not like pansy rock, this is a very good one.  I mean no particular offense to pansy rock or pansy anything else - I've discussed at length my appreciation of Days of Our Lives and I like my drinks as fruity and sweet as possible.  I do, however, mean particular offense to O.A.R.  In the clip they showed on ABC, the band was attempting to amp up the crowd saying "get your hands up" and all the audience at "the" Ohio State University was like "no.  Bands shouldn't refer to themselves as acronyms.  On top of that, we don't appreciate lyrics like this -'My friends say she's crazy and I agree, but that's ok cause that's the way I like to be.'"  See, it rhymes and they're both crazy.  A perfect verbal and psychological match.

I really, really, really, really hope that Michigan has a functional quarterback next year.  I can only watch these passes into the flat out of the backfield because the coach has zero confidence in his quarterbacks ability to throw the ball over the line of scrimmage so many times in one season.  Someone give Sam McGuffie an ice pack and a hug.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken! I can confirm that OAR attended "the school that shall not be named". They were there at the same time as my ex-boyfriend.

-Lynn Dig.

A-ro said...

I notice nothing in your blog included the ass whooping U. Michigan took by OSU. I got baby boy Halladay some gear but saved the Muck Fichigan t-shirt for myself. Alycia

Ken said...

More thoughts on the game forthcoming...I could make you feel guilty and say something like "yeah, very cool, rub some more salt in the state of Michigan's wounds," but I'm above that.