Monday, November 24, 2008

The Awesome Power of Lynn D.

No one likes a whiner, and when it comes to trying to convince people to read my blog, I am a world-class whiner. However, I would like to take just a moment to thank my sister's friend from high school, Lynn, who linked to my post "Why Everyone Hates Us" in her Facebook page yesterday. Largely because of her doing this, I was able to accumulate my highest readership to-date for a single day, and I am very thankful for that. My ultimate goal is to one day work my way to 100 unique readers/day, and if I can sell my soul to the devil to get to that plateau, maybe I can set my sights on 1,000/day.

It seems like it might be dumb to thank anyone when you are as stunningly insignificant as I am, but it is heartwarming to know that some people are reading, commenting on, and hopefully enjoying my writing. I would also like to give a special thanks to Dan A. for posting a link to my blog on his MySpace page, Nick B. for linking through to me on his blog, GreatLakesGuru for keeping a feed of my updates in his sidebar, and anyone else who has left a comment. I have to read every one.

Trying to build something requires a few necessary components. First, what appears in this space has to be worthy of reading. Second, I need to bug family and friends about checking out my blog until they are absolutely sick of me. Third, and perhaps most importantly, if you do enjoy what I write and agree or disagree with my point of view and purpose, I could not appreciate anything more than you linking to a post of mine here or there, posting one of my articles on your Facebook page and exposing me to your network of friends, or, at the very least, not throwing rotten food at me when you see me on the street. Seriously, please, stop with the rotten food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe! Glad I could help increase readership:) Thanks for the shout out. We need to get some press for Ken's blog!!!

I'm looking forward to the rest of your burger series, even though I'm a vegetarian ;) I agree with the Ken/Maureen Hamburglar rating system. Keep up the good work!

As for your article that I posted, I totally agree with the assertion that "everyone hates Detroit". Sadly, the American public has lost faith in the automakers and American engineering. Where do we go from here? I'm feeling a strong pull to return to Detroit and the automotive industry right now...