Wednesday, March 31, 2010

New L&O Trend Data Point

Last week around this time, I wrote about how Law & Order is walking down a dangerous path this season. Mostly from this I learned that other people out there still watch the show and are in agreement with this concern.

This is why it is with regret that I must again formally request that L&O stop sucking so hard in the last 10 minutes of the show. This week after a whole convoluted and crazy crime plot in which no one was actually killed, Cutter again fooled the bad guy into admitting on the stand and under oath that, yes, he did it because he loves his daughter. For an instant, I thought the show was going to take it in the other direction and the baddie would successfully get away with it after standing up to the questioning. In fact, I was praying for this outcome just to deviate from the ever-establishing pattern of unthoughtful conclusions. What makes matters worse is that they had to drag Tony Hale (Buster from Arrested Development) into the whole "admit to everything" vortex of the show. Even Buster could have done a better job defending his innocence, and he was a complete nincompoop whose hand was eaten by a seal. Is this the future of Law & Order, and if it is, do I have the ability to make myself stop watching it? I'm going to monitor the situation closely and may just have to start a Facebook group about it.

No comments: