Saturday, September 5, 2009

Making a House a Home

Or at least a house with food and toothpaste. I continue to work on figuring out what it means to be more of an adult, and my education continued today when Maureen and I spent just over $400 on groceries and other general health and personal hygiene products between CostCo and Meijer.

You mean my dental floss didn't magically replenish itself when I was living at home with my parents? This is baloney.

I'm sure there are many more lessons forthcoming, most of them likely involving the expenditure of dollars. On the flip side, my parents are going to quickly realize that they have started suddenly saving hundreds of dollars a month on food, electricity, and delousing bills. The only thing I'm still majorly adjusting to is that I don't have my dogs and brother here with me to watch TV.

No comments: