Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm Home

Friends, Countrymen, Fellow Michigan People, Lovers -

I apologize for not posting to let the loyal fans out there know that I was going to be out of town from last Friday until right at this second. I was going to write something on Thursday night and pretty much completely ran out of town. I was literally doing work up until the moment I walked out the door to start the trip. In my dreams, at some point in the future my lack of posts may cause a few people to leave comments saying something like "Ken, where are you? My life is not quite the same without your insight." Maybe some day...

I love being home.

Over the past five days, I had the privilege to travel to Arizona with 5 other truly fantastic and fun people to hike around and soak up some nature. We had a blast, but there is something so satisfying to me about the feeling of cruising back to my home through Michigan's streets and walking into my home through the side door. As fun as vacation always is, I often also find happiness at the end of the trip when I get to complete one-ness with my home state. It's something about the air, the smell, my legacy connection, our shared mutual struggles that shape us together - vacation starts and ends at home.

3 comments:

Daniel J. said...

I'm glad you're home, and I always felt the same way about vacations. I think there is a way that you can up your reader base and comment volume. We need as many alternative media news outlets as possible to convey the information that is withheld or vaguely and sparsely dispersed in the mainstream news channels. Get back with me on facebook or give me a call even if you would like to discuss implementing a current news segment. You'd be surprised at how much is willfully excluded from the general news outlets. Also, I was wondering if you guys ever did anything with the old taurus? Once again, I'm sorry about not following through, even though I needed it. Until I found out that I had to live at a friends' for a while and get back on my feet with a phlebotomy (blood drawing) job at the new Henry Ford WB. Back in school now too for the long run. How's your life going. I'd love to see you make it into politics and make a real change in this extremely critical timeperiod in history.

A-ro said...

I like how this comment came right above the heading "The Trees that Smell Like Poop"

It's something about the air, the smell, my legacy connection, our shared mutual struggles that shape us together - vacation starts and ends at home

Ken said...

I guess sometimes I'm amazingly funny and ironic without even realizing it. What's that called? Oh yes, genius.